POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Solve this... Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:11:41 EDT (-0400)
  Solve this... (Message 37 to 46 of 56)
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Subject: Re: Solve this...
Date: 1 Feb 2008 08:50:43
Message: <47a323b3$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson escribió:
> On Fri, 01 Feb 2008 00:04:56 -0200, Nicolas Alvarez wrote:
>
>> Or use <q> HTML tag (ass-u-ming the browser supports it), which
>> (standard says) will put the correct quotes for the current language,
>> even handling nesting.
>
> Assuming also that you post in HTML, which on newsgroups is generally
> considered bad form.

That was a half-joke.

Note that <sarcasm> is not considered a valid tag by W3C standards, yet
people use it on newsgroups :)

Post a reply to this message

From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 1 Feb 2008 09:22:01
Message: <47a32b09$1@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez wrote:
> Jim Henderson escribió:
>> On Fri, 01 Feb 2008 00:04:56 -0200, Nicolas Alvarez wrote:
>>
>>> Or use <q> HTML tag (ass-u-ming the browser supports it), which
>>> (standard says) will put the correct quotes for the current language,
>>> even handling nesting.
>>
>> Assuming also that you post in HTML, which on newsgroups is generally
>> considered bad form.
>
> That was a half-joke.
>
> Note that <sarcasm> is not considered a valid tag by W3C standards, yet
> people use it on newsgroups :)

How about <div id="sarcasm"> ? :-)

Post a reply to this message

From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 1 Feb 2008 09:26:50
Message: <47a32c2a$1@news.povray.org>
Bill Pragnell escribió:
> Nicolas Alvarez wrote:
>>
>> That was a half-joke.
>>
>> Note that <sarcasm> is not considered a valid tag by W3C standards,
>> yet people use it on newsgroups :)
>
> How about <div id="sarcasm"> ? :-)

Then you can't have multiple sarcasms per post, since IDs must be
unique. 'class' may work though :)

Post a reply to this message

From: Phil Cook
Date: 1 Feb 2008 09:32:26
Message: <op.t5un07wmc3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Fri, 01 Feb 2008 14:26:21 -0000, Nicolas Alvarez
<nic### [at] gmailisthebestcom> did spake, saying:

>> Nicolas Alvarez wrote:
>>>
>>> That was a half-joke.
>>>
>>> Note that <sarcasm> is not considered a valid tag by W3C standards,
>>> yet people use it on newsgroups :)
>>  How about <div id="sarcasm"> ? :-)
>
> Then you can't have multiple sarcasms per post, since IDs must be
> unique. 'class' may work though :)

Sarcasm can't be used with class, you must upgrade to wit instead.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com

Post a reply to this message

>>> Note that <sarcasm> is not considered a valid tag by W3C standards,
>>> yet people use it on newsgroups :)
>>
>> How about <div id="sarcasm"> ? :-)
>
> Then you can't have multiple sarcasms per post, since IDs must be
> unique. 'class' may work though :)

...or be more specific... to whit:

:)

Post a reply to this message