POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Jeff Wayne Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:12:30 EDT (-0400)
  Jeff Wayne (Message 7 to 16 of 46)
<<< Previous 6 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: Orchid XP v7
Subject: Re: Jeff Wayne
Date: 8 Jan 2008 16:08:31
Message: <4783e64f$1@news.povray.org>
>> From an entertainment perspective, they are rather
>> dissapointing - especially when compared to the originals.
>
>   Even though I'm of the right age, I still managed to mostly miss all the
> Star Wars phenomenon. Thus I didn't have too many expectations about the
> newer movies, and IMO they were quite enjoyable.
>
>   To tell you the truth, I don't really like the original trilogy
> (currently known as episodes 4-6), especially not the first movie.
> It has some interesting ideas, but it's not profound enough to raise
> enough interest in my opinion. Technically it sucks. It sucks even
> compared to other, better movies of the era (Alien being a prime example).
>
>   It's not that I dislike all movies of the late 70's, early 80's because
> they aren't technically comparable to current movies. There are, in fact,
> many movies of that era which I think are true masterpieces, and others
> which are simply good. Alien I already mentioned. Other examples include
> The Thing, An American Werewolf in London, The Exorcist, and perhaps the
> best of them all, The Shining.
>
>   The Star Wars movies, especially the first one... I just don't like it.

Well, in that case I think we can conclude that you simply look for a
different thing in a movie than I do. ;-) (Most of the films you
mention, I wouldn't enjoy at all...)

I am curios though... I thought the original Star Wars was from the
1970s, whereas the film Alien was from 1985 or so?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/