POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Is Kindle just another Zune? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:14:50 EDT (-0400)
  Is Kindle just another Zune? (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: gregjohn
Subject: Is Kindle just another Zune?
Date: 5 Jan 2008 18:20:00
Message: <web.47801079bbdb6e634d207310@news.povray.org>
Book readers: will proprietary format wars ruin them, too?  I'd be tempted to
get an Amazon Kindle or another of of those electronic book readers if i could
be confident it didn't require proprietary windows/mac software, and could take
just about anything from say the Project Gutenberg website. (Anything txt, html,
pdf, etc).

Are there any concerns with these readers?   Sony has one too.

Post a reply to this message

> Book readers: will proprietary format wars ruin them, too?  I'd be tempted to
> get an Amazon Kindle or another of of those electronic book readers if i could
> be confident it didn't require proprietary windows/mac software, and could take
> just about anything from say the Project Gutenberg website. (Anything txt, html,
> pdf, etc).

My understanding is you don't need proprietary software, and you can put
plain text on them just fine. This from someone who owns one, but I'd
suggest finding a copy of the manual before buying. :-)

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     It's not feature creep if you put it

Post a reply to this message