POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Is Kindle just another Zune? : Re: Is Kindle just another Zune? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:23:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is Kindle just another Zune?
From: Warp
Date: 6 Jan 2008 01:25:28
Message: <47807458@news.povray.org>
gregjohn <pte### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> Book readers: will proprietary format wars ruin them, too?  I'd be tempted to
> get an Amazon Kindle or another of of those electronic book readers if i could
> be confident it didn't require proprietary windows/mac software

  Sometimes I feel that companies developing all kinds of protections to
their hardware/software are, at least in some cases, actually decreasing
the sales of that product because of that, which is, quite ironically,
the exact opposite effect of what they were aiming for with the protections
in the first place...

  Perhaps it's a question of principle? "We are ready to sell less if it
means that it will be pirated less." Or in other words, "we don't want
more money if it also means that it will be pirated more".

--
                                                          - Warp