POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Most incomprehensible films ever Server Time
11 Oct 2024 21:18:09 EDT (-0400)
  Most incomprehensible films ever (Message 189 to 198 of 278)
From: Bill Pragnell
Subject: Re: Most incomprehensible films ever
Date: 9 Jan 2008 06:00:11
Message: <4784a93b$1@news.povray.org>
Chambers wrote:
> Bill Pragnell wrote:
>> Gail Shaw wrote:
>>>
>>> Try reading the book. The first sequel's also good, not sure about
>>> the other
>>> 2.
>>
>> Why has nobody mentioned the second film?
>
> Because it was comprehensible?

Yah, good point. Ding! ;-)

Post a reply to this message

From: Chambers
Date: 9 Jan 2008 10:18:10
Message: <4784e5b2$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> Chambers <ben### [at] pacificwebguycom> wrote:
>> For that matter, I don't need anymore beef Big Macs either... we're
>> trying to cut out fast food for the whole year.  It's been a little more
>> than a week, and I'm having serious cravings...
>
>   I assume you have seen "Big Size Me"?-)

No, but I've read enough articles about the subject that I get the
general gist of it.

--
...Ben Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 9 Jan 2008 10:42:57
Message: <4784eb81@news.povray.org>
Chambers <ben### [at] pacificwebguycom> wrote:
> >   I assume you have seen "Big Size Me"?-)

> No, but I've read enough articles about the subject that I get the
> general gist of it.

  I really recommend it.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 9 Jan 2008 11:33:57
Message: <4784f775$1@news.povray.org>
Bill Pragnell wrote:
> I never spot twists in films anyway; I long ago learnt to concentrate on
> the 'now' in a film and immerse myself without trying to think ahead.

Same here. And if I realize how the movie is going to end anyway, it's a
disppointingly trite movie. Far too much of the popular stuff is like that.

Or you get something like Vanilla Sky, where you get to the end and go
"Uh, huh??"

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     It's not feature creep if you put it