POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Most incomprehensible films ever Server Time
11 Oct 2024 23:10:11 EDT (-0400)
  Most incomprehensible films ever (Message 101 to 110 of 278)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Most incomprehensible films ever
Date: 5 Jan 2008 19:16:48
Message: <47801df0$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
> yes, I remember an old Disney cartoon where Donald meets the greek Plato and
> other philosophers and discovers math and music.  It was pretty fun for a movie
> involving geometric figures and tone division... ;)

Donald Duck in Mathemagics Land!  He teaches you how to line up pool
shots too. :-)

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     It's not feature creep if you put it

Post a reply to this message

From: nemesis
Date: 5 Jan 2008 19:55:01
Message: <web.478026918e000fee74a1627f0@news.povray.org>
Chambers <ben### [at] pacificwebguycom> wrote:
> You mean "A Beautiful Mind".

yes!

Post a reply to this message

From: Mueen Nawaz
Date: 5 Jan 2008 19:59:16
Message: <478027e4$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
>>  Can you name me one good full length movie *about* math?
>
> how about a mathematician?  "A brilliant mind"?...

	Which is only appealing due to his schizophrenia, and the drama (most
of it untrue) that it created.

--
... OS/2 VirusScan - "Windows found: Remove it? (Y/y)"

                    /\  /\               /\  /
                   /  \/  \ u e e n     /  \/  a w a z
                                   anl

Post a reply to this message

> > yes, I remember an old Disney cartoon where Donald meets the greek Plato and
> > other philosophers and discovers math and music.  It was pretty fun for a movie
> > involving geometric figures and tone division... ;)
>
> Donald Duck in Mathemagics Land!

you geek! :P

Post a reply to this message

>>> yes, I remember an old Disney cartoon where Donald meets the greek Plato and
>>> other philosophers and discovers math and music.  It was pretty fun for a movie
>>> involving geometric figures and tone division... ;)
>> Donald Duck in Mathemagics Land!
>
> you geek! :P

Hey, I was in third grade at the time. I was more impressed they were
showing 8-year-olds how to pool shark than I was by the math itself.