POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Maybe? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:19:37 EDT (-0400)
  Maybe? (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Eero Ahonen
Subject: Maybe?
Date: 2 Jan 2008 15:45:42
Message: <477bf7f6@news.povray.org>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwvIRuCLbyg

"20 easy right maybe 30 low left maybe"

Maybe? WTF :O

--
Eero "Aero" Ahonen
   http://www.zbxt.net
      aer### [at] removethiszbxtnetinvalid

Post a reply to this message

From: Kyle
Subject: Re: Maybe?
Date: 2 Jan 2008 17:22:28
Message: <lj3on35v2lggtqimpbh770csehue53jkgq@4ax.com>
Wow, that was intense!  LOL @ maybe.

Post a reply to this message

From: Alain
Date: 2 Jan 2008 21:42:41
Message: <477c4ba1@news.povray.org>
Eero Ahonen nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2008/01/02 14:26:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwvIRuCLbyg
>
> "20 easy right maybe 30 low left maybe"
>
> Maybe? WTF :O

That navigator is to "maybe"...

--
Alain
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 2 Jan 2008 22:02:09
Message: <477c5031$1@news.povray.org>
Eero Ahonen wrote:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwvIRuCLbyg
>
> "20 easy right maybe 30 low left maybe"
>
> Maybe? WTF :O

I suspect it's a technical term. In this sort of rally race, you get a
set of instructions to follow (often intentionally obscure) and a time
to get there in. The closer you come to getting there in the right
number of seconds, the better your score. Too early or too late costs
you. So perhaps "maybe" was one of the instructions, saying "maybe you
turn right, maybe you don't" or some such, and you're expected to be
able to react to whether there's a right turn there or not.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     It's not feature creep if you put it

Post a reply to this message

That's what we thought of with couple of other car (not rally-, just
car) enthustians, but any of us still haven't got a clue, what it
_really_ means. It still sounds hilarious - and I hoped that someone
here could know.

> In this sort of rally race, you get a
> set of instructions to follow (often intentionally obscure) and a time
> to get there in. The closer you come to getting there in the right
> number of seconds, the better your score. Too early or too late costs
> you. So perhaps "maybe" was one of the instructions, saying "maybe you
> turn right, maybe you don't" or some such, and you're expected to be
> able to react to whether there's a right turn there or not.

Yep, if they haven't made the notes themselves, there is always a
possibility for an actual "maybe".