POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Another physical puzzle Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:11:46 EDT (-0400)
  Another physical puzzle (Message 11 to 20 of 26)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 6 Messages >>>
From: Warp
Subject: Re: Another physical puzzle
Date: 2 Jan 2008 09:33:36
Message: <477ba0bf@news.povray.org>
Greg M. Johnson <pte### [at] thecommononethatstartswithycom> wrote:
> That's where I was headed. Does the cannonball displace more
> water "underwater" than in the boat

  No, it displaces less when underwater because its volume is "less" than
its weight, when compared to the water.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 2 Jan 2008 11:31:23
Message: <477bbc5b$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> Greg M. Johnson <pte### [at] thecommononethatstartswithycom> wrote:
>> That's where I was headed. Does the cannonball displace more
>> water "underwater" than in the boat
>
>   No, it displaces less when underwater because its volume is "less" than
> its weight, when compared to the water.

Right. And you know that *because* it sinks.  The water level wouldn't
change if the thing you threw over floated.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     It's not feature creep if you put it

Post a reply to this message