POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Suggestions: Text editors Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:12:57 EDT (-0400)
  Suggestions: Text editors (Message 11 to 20 of 58)
From: nemesis
Subject: Re: Suggestions: Text editors
Date: 1 Jan 2008 21:05:00
Message: <web.477af065af0f26ec118f017e0@news.povray.org>
> gregjohn wrote:
> > Orchid XP v7 <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> >
> > Non-responsive answer: Kate  (KDE text editor), a linux app, works wonderfully--
> > if your file ends in .pov it even does the color coding for you in the way that
> > WinPov does!
>
> It's what I tend to use on Linux, and it seems to work moderately well.
> (Certainly far better than that Notepad joke.) It even seems to [badly]
> colour code Haskell source code, which is interesting.
>
> I bet you can't run that on Windoze though...

you can.  then, you just need the whole KDE bang for that matter... :)

it's like java where every tiny app requires you to download and install a
redundant OS on top of yours native...

Post a reply to this message

From: Gail Shaw
Date: 1 Jan 2008 23:46:11
Message: <477b1713@news.povray.org>

> "The only time Micro$oft will make something that doesn't suck, they'll
> be making vacuum cleaners."

Some very fun games have come out of MS Game studios over the years.
Freelancer, Age of Empires.
I'm also going to defend their database server, for obvious reasons

> (BTW, I keep waiting for Apple to make a vacuum cleaner. They could call
> it "iSuck"...)

I find Apple's naming very funny. Putting an 'i' infront of a noun makes it
sound Zulu me.

Post a reply to this message

> Some very fun games have come out of MS Game studios over the years.
> Freelancer, Age of Empires.

of course you know MS Game Studios is nothing but a bunch of top 3rd party
developers bought/assimilated by MS in typical monopolist practice, don't you?
I myself am very fond of Rareware...

Post a reply to this message