POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tis the season Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:12:24 EDT (-0400)
  Tis the season (Message 34 to 43 of 63)
From: andrel
Subject: Re: Tis the season
Date: 30 Dec 2007 15:46:50
Message: <477803C3.7030402@hotmail.com>
Orchid XP v7 wrote:
> Stephen wrote:
>
>> Didn't Prince Philip once say of a horse and trap? "Anyone who doesn't
>> live in a
>> two up and down could afford to have one."
>
> Didn't Prince Philip once say that "nanotechnology will turn the world
> into grey goop"?

IIRC that was Charles

> Clearly the man is delusional...

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 30 Dec 2007 16:13:32
Message: <aq1gn3tdf0ilo9vmq6once08ifvbmatnap@4ax.com>
On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 14:41:04 -0500, Sabrina Kilian <"ykgp at vtSPAM.edu"> wrote:

>Well, between smoke, dials not working, and the strange rattling sound
>it started making. Eventually even I can recognize when a machine has
>just given up.

Ah! It failed the smoke test. The next one is the drop test. Mine often fail
that but then I live on the fourth floor. :)

>> BTW No one mentions a 4 day stay in hospital without wanting to talk about it.
>>

>Yeah they do, when it's people who have spent enough time in and out of
>hospitals that it really is just another way to spend a weekend. I
>forget that humor doesn't translate all that well to the internet at large.
>
>For comparison, my extended family's response was, "Well, I hope they
>fed you better than last time."

Oh! Dear, I recognise the above. Still I hope you got Xmas carols and icing
sugar on your meds. It is hard to be jolly when you're sick and I hope that
every thing starts working properly again. <Tails off into embarrassed silence
wishing his sense was as big as his tongue>
I take it you never dink the apple juice?

>> You can tell me I'm a first aider and a sympathetic listener. All in the
>> strictest confidence, you understand. :)
>>
>> I hope that it wasn't too serious. No one likes a visit there especially not at
>> Christmas time.
>>
>> Regards
>> 	Stephen
>
>Hmm, strictest confidence on public usenet that gets picked up by
>google? Our definitions differ some where. Even medical latin would
>indexable, and really out of place in this group.

Drat! You're too smart for me :)

>Oh, I could describe my stay in pov code, that would work!

Only if you want locked up :

Anyway, I hope that you (and every one here) has a braw New Year, when it comes.

Regards
	Stephen

Post a reply to this message

On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 21:46:59 +0100, andrel <a_l### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

>Orchid XP v7 wrote:
>> Stephen wrote:
>>
>>> Didn't Prince Philip once say of a horse and trap? "Anyone who doesn't
>>> live in a
>>> two up and down could afford to have one."
>>
>> Didn't Prince Philip once say that "nanotechnology will turn the world
>> into grey goop"?
>>
>IIRC that was Charles

It sounds like Chuck.

>> Clearly the man is delusional...