POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tis the season : Re: Tis the season Server Time
11 Oct 2024 13:18:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tis the season
From: Sabrina Kilian
Date: 30 Dec 2007 16:55:27
Message: <477813cf$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 14:41:04 -0500, Sabrina Kilian <"ykgp at vtSPAM.edu"> wrote:
>
>> Well, between smoke, dials not working, and the strange rattling sound
>> it started making. Eventually even I can recognize when a machine has
>> just given up.
>>

> Ah! It failed the smoke test. The next one is the drop test. Mine often fail
> that but then I live on the fourth floor. :)

My windows are all at ground level. That's the down side of basement
apartments, when machinery needs 'testing' it's really hard to justify
being on the roof.

"I swear, this is what my toaster normally goes through when I make
toast. Of course it should be covered by the warranty, doesn't everyone
use their toaster on the roof? The bird just came along and tipped it
over the edge. Must have wanted the toast."

>>> BTW No one mentions a 4 day stay in hospital without wanting to talk about it.
>>>
>> Yeah they do, when it's people who have spent enough time in and out of
>> hospitals that it really is just another way to spend a weekend. I
>> forget that humor doesn't translate all that well to the internet at large.
>>
>> For comparison, my extended family's response was, "Well, I hope they
>> fed you better than last time."
>
> Oh! Dear, I recognise the above. Still I hope you got Xmas carols and icing
> sugar on your meds. It is hard to be jolly when you're sick and I hope that
> every thing starts working properly again. <Tails off into embarrassed silence
> wishing his sense was as big as his tongue>

Thanks for the sentiment, though.

> I take it you never dink the apple juice?
Dear lord, no! Now, hot apple cider, once I'm better, is completely
different.

>>> You can tell me I'm a first aider and a sympathetic listener. All in the
>>> strictest confidence, you understand. :)
>>>
>>> I hope that it wasn't too serious. No one likes a visit there especially not at
>>> Christmas time.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> 	Stephen
>> Hmm, strictest confidence on public usenet that gets picked up by
>> google? Our definitions differ some where. Even medical latin would
>> indexable, and really out of place in this group.
>>

> Drat! You're too smart for me :)
>
>> Oh, I could describe my stay in pov code, that would work!
>
> Only if you want locked up :

Is that all it takes now?

> Anyway, I hope that you (and every one here) has a braw New Year, when it comes.
>
> Regards
> 	Stephen

Seconded, may the New Year bring everyone more, or less as they wish,
interesting times, more good and less bad then the year before.