POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : This is scary stuff Server Time
11 Oct 2024 17:47:06 EDT (-0400)
  This is scary stuff (Message 61 to 70 of 76)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 6 Messages >>>
From: Warp
Subject: Re: This is scary stuff
Date: 1 Jan 2008 05:05:30
Message: <477a106a@news.povray.org>
> Nowadays, the Mexican immigrants around here (20 miles north of Mexico)
>   want their kids to learn English, and the prejudiced fools who think
> Mexicans can't learn try to pass laws making it required to teach school
> classes in spanish.

  That's one of the contradictory thinking I have never understood:
On one hand they (ie. multiculturalists) complain how difficult the
hosting society is making it for the immigrants to integrate, but then,
on the other hand, they demand all kinds of special arrangements, such
as teaching in the immigrant's own language in schools, which can only
cause difficulties in integration.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message