POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I love modern CD burners Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:18:55 EDT (-0400)
  I love modern CD burners (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Chambers
Subject: I love modern CD burners
Date: 24 Dec 2007 03:58:15
Message: <476f74a7$1@news.povray.org>
The longest part of actually burning the CD is writing a message in
P.O-T while I wait for it.  Usually, the CD is done burning before I'm
done typing :)

--
...Ben Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com

Post a reply to this message

From: Patrick Elliott
Subject: Re: I love modern CD burners
Date: 25 Dec 2007 01:38:44
Message: <MPG.21da5339f5d1f8a498a0ce@news.povray.org>
In article <476f74a7$1@news.povray.org>, ben### [at] pacificwebguycom says...
> The longest part of actually burning the CD is writing a message in
> P.O-T while I wait for it.  Usually, the CD is done burning before I'm
> done typing :)

Until/unless you get one like mine. Went from 98 -> XP, and it just
stopped working. Same setup, same positions on the cable, same jumpers,
and it worked fine to install. Got a new one. Same fracking problem.
Detected, installed, insists its a CD, won't show anything but directory
names on the disk (no matter which type of disk), and won't autoplay...

Know what the problem was? The old 52x CD drive was set up as the
"slave" to it, and for some reason in that configuration the damn CD
drive would work, but the DVD drive wouldn't. Switched the 52x CD to
master and the **new** drive to slave, now it works...

I mean, how the $@#$#@$#@ stupid is that, and why are we still using
1980s drive cable systems in a machine that can use PnP USB devices,
which almost never have this fracking problem? lol

But yeah, when they work right, they are gold. ;)

--
void main () {

    if version = "Vista" {
      call slow_by_half();
      call DRM_everything();
    }
    call functional_code();
  }
  else
    call crash_windows();
}

From: Chambers
Date: 25 Dec 2007 13:50:21
Message: <477150ed$1@news.povray.org>
Patrick Elliott wrote:
> I mean, how the $@#$#@$#@ stupid is that, and why are we still using
> 1980s drive cable systems in a machine that can use PnP USB devices,
> which almost never have this fracking problem? lol

Do the master / slave jumpers still have an effect when you use the SATA
cables?

--
...Ben Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com

Post a reply to this message

From: Alain
Date: 26 Dec 2007 14:39:05
Message: <4772add9$1@news.povray.org>
Chambers nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/12/25 13:50:
> Patrick Elliott wrote:
>> I mean, how the $@#$#@$#@ stupid is that, and why are we still using
>> 1980s drive cable systems in a machine that can use PnP USB devices,
>> which almost never have this fracking problem? lol
>
> Do the master / slave jumpers still have an effect when you use the SATA
> cables?

SATA don't have master/slave as there is only one device per cable.
ATA can have 2 devices connected, some use jumpers, some are "hard whired" as
master and others have what's called "cable cellect" where the slave / master
status depends on what connector is used.

--
Alain
I'm interested in the fact that the less secure a man is, the more likely he is

Post a reply to this message

From: Tom Austin
Date: 27 Dec 2007 10:36:08
Message: <4773c668$1@news.povray.org>
> which almost never have this fracking problem? lol

BSG fan?

Tom

Post a reply to this message

From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 28 Dec 2007 18:04:44
Message: <MPG.21df2ef57312e3d198a0cf@news.povray.org>
In article <4773c668$1@news.povray.org>, Tom Austin <taustin> says...

> > which almost never have this fracking problem? lol
> >

> BSG fan?
>

> Tom

Yeah. But I just like the fact that you can say f*** and the language
police don't know it. Same with Frelling. lol

--
void main () {

    if version = "Vista" {
      call slow_by_half();