POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I love modern CD burners : Re: I love modern CD burners Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:17:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I love modern CD burners
From: Alain
Date: 26 Dec 2007 14:39:05
Message: <4772add9$1@news.povray.org>
Chambers nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/12/25 13:50:
> Patrick Elliott wrote:
>> I mean, how the $@#$#@$#@ stupid is that, and why are we still using
>> 1980s drive cable systems in a machine that can use PnP USB devices,
>> which almost never have this fracking problem? lol
>
> Do the master / slave jumpers still have an effect when you use the SATA
> cables?

SATA don't have master/slave as there is only one device per cable.
ATA can have 2 devices connected, some use jumpers, some are "hard whired" as
master and others have what's called "cable cellect" where the slave / master
status depends on what connector is used.

--
Alain
I'm interested in the fact that the less secure a man is, the more likely he is