POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Sketchup versus povray Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:11:24 EDT (-0400)
  Sketchup versus povray (Message 1 to 10 of 28)
From: gregjohn
Subject: Sketchup versus povray
Date: 22 Dec 2007 07:30:01
Message: <web.476d0256b662a25534d207310@news.povray.org>
I note with humor this selling point from the description of Sketchup Pro:

"Typing is a lousy way to draw. Building 3D models is tricky enough without
having to think like a computer. Instead of making you input coordinates,
SketchUp has an advanced guidance system of colors, lines and text hints that
help you keep track of where you are and what you're doing."

http://www.sketchup.com/?id=2

Post a reply to this message

> I note with humor this selling point from the description of Sketchup Pro:
>
> "Typing is a lousy way to draw. Building 3D models is tricky enough without
> having to think like a computer. Instead of making you input coordinates,
> SketchUp has an advanced guidance system of colors, lines and text hints that
> help you keep track of where you are and what you're doing."
>
> http://www.sketchup.com/?id=2

And drawing is a lousy way to construct complex algorithmic forms.

Sounds like two programs aimed at different problem domains to me. ;-)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/