POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : ODBC Server Time
11 Oct 2024 17:48:01 EDT (-0400)
  ODBC (Message 1 to 10 of 98)
From: Invisible
Subject: ODBC
Date: 13 Dec 2007 08:05:47
Message: <47612e2b$1@news.povray.org>
Does anybody here know anything about ODBC?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Tom Austin
Subject: Re: ODBC
Date: 13 Dec 2007 08:19:20
Message: <47613158$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> Does anybody here know anything about ODBC?

run away run away

Post a reply to this message

From: Gail Shaw
Date: 13 Dec 2007 08:20:55
Message: <476131b7@news.povray.org>
> Does anybody here know anything about ODBC?

Open Database Connectivity.

A standard API for connecting to various forms of data sources. Generally
slower than OleDB, but easier to find drivers for more esoteric systems.

Was there anything specific you wanted to know?

Post a reply to this message

> A standard API for connecting to various forms of data sources. Generally
> slower than OleDB, but easier to find drivers for more esoteric systems.
>
> Was there anything specific you wanted to know?

There appear to be ODBC drivers for accessing CSV files and so forth.

So does that mean I can perform arbitrary SQL queries on a CSV file?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/