POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : ODBC Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:19:50 EDT (-0400)
  ODBC (Message 79 to 88 of 98)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: ODBC
Date: 17 Dec 2007 13:48:36
Message: <4766c484$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 10:34:37 -0800, pan wrote:

> "Jim Henderson" <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote in message

>>> True. But my point is that I'm not entirely clueless about what
>>> databases are and how they work. I actually know stuff about this
>>> stuff.

>>> I just object to being told I know nothing about databases when
>>> actually
>>> I do. I don't claim to be a world-renound expert, but I do know
>>> *something*.
>>
>> Hey, Orchid's got teeth!  :-)
>>

> So did Audrey (II); friend of Orin Scrivello, DDS.

[...]

My point here is that he's actually stood up and said "now wait just a
damned minute" - something that he has needed to do for a while.  I don't
disagree with anything you said about the qualifications, theory and
reality are two entirely different things.  But it's good that he's taken
the chance to stand up and say something forceful rather than to just say
"oh, OK, I guess I'm dumb" and slink off into the darkness.

It takes practice to stand up and do that.  It takes experience to know
when it's the right thing to do, and that's something that comes with
time.

So I still say "well done!"

Jim

Post a reply to this message