POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Twenty Questions Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:19:05 EDT (-0400)
  Twenty Questions (Message 12 to 21 of 31)
From: MattM
Subject: Re: Twenty Questions
Date: 13 Dec 2007 08:25:01
Message: <web.4761323074e493e34ef43cef0@news.povray.org>
Thank goodness, someone got there in the end.

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 13 Dec 2007 08:26:48
Message: <47613318@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:

> It is impossible to decide on an element of an infinite set using a
> finite number of questions.

Hmm, that's not entirely true.

Presumably it *is* however true for a set that isn't computable though.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Invisible
Date: 13 Dec 2007 08:27:24
Message: <4761333c$1@news.povray.org>
>> It is impossible to decide on an element of an infinite set using a
>> finite number of questions.
>
> Hmm, that's not entirely true.
>
> Presumably it *is* however true for a set that isn't computable though.

Damnit, where's Darren?? I'm sure he knows...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/