POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : SurPRISE! :-} Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:18:11 EDT (-0400)
  SurPRISE! :-} (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: Invisible
Subject: SurPRISE! :-}
Date: 7 Dec 2007 11:30:24
Message: <47597520@news.povray.org>
Oh... goodie.

I just checked my mailbox. Ever check your mailbox and suddenly wish
you'd checked it 20 minutes earlier?

Well anyway, we're supposed to be having a new MD at the UK site. At
least, I've heard that there's going to be this guy. And about a week
ago I got an email containing a document from HQ saying this guy starts
on 1 Dec. But... there is no guy. I get the vague impression he's
currently over at HQ having a talk with the bigwigs or something, but
it's awfully quiet, so I don't really know what's happening.

Anyway, I opened my mailbox a little while ago, and... oh dear.

Apparently somebody tried to email this guy. But he doesn't have an
email address. So they asked IT at HQ why the email bounced. And one guy
is like "hey, I don't see this guy's name in the directory; what's up?"
And somebody else goes "no, there's no account for this guy yet. Is
Andrew in today? I see he's booked some time off this week... Hey
Andrew, what's going on? Chris, why don't you go ahead and create this
account if it hasn't been done already."

So now the guy has a user account. "Interesting", I thought, "does that
mean they've created his user account in the domain at HQ?"

No. They've created it in my domain. They copied our current manager's
user account.

Cool. I always love it when somebody does things to my domain without me
realising.

But it gets better. There's a procedure to account creation - part of
the reason why I hadn't created the account myself yet. (Apart from just
not knowing what's going on.) I need somebody to hand me a form saying
"Create an account for user X with access permissions ABC" plus a
management authorisation signature. Obviously, this hasn't happened.

Myself I thought that was a bit of a mistake - but hey, how are HQ
supposed to know what UK procedures are? (It's not like they're going to
surf through the document archive every time they touch something to
make sure it isn't covered by a procedure document...)

But it seems Mr QA is actually... quite upset.

Oh.

So now this casual email I'm writing to the guys at HQ just to say "hey,
I'm not dead, I just didn't know what was meant to be happening"...
suddenly I'm told to copy at least 3 other people in on this email, and
it looks like becoming a fairly major incident.

Ahem. Let's reword this email a bit...

Jesus, what a way to stress out on a friday afternoon! o_O

Post a reply to this message