POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : VBA (Very Bad Answer?) Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:12:26 EDT (-0400)
  VBA (Very Bad Answer?) (Message 21 to 30 of 36)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 6 Messages >>>
From: Gail Shaw
Subject: Re: VBA (Very Bad Answer?)
Date: 11 Dec 2007 23:53:14
Message: <475f693a@news.povray.org>
"Nicolas Alvarez" <nic### [at] gmailisthebestcom> wrote in message

> > "Orchid XP v7" <voi### [at] devnull> wrote in message

> >> Or perhaps... you know... providing a way to uninstall IE? ;-)
> >
> > Add/remove programs -> Add/Remove Windows Components. Uncheck Internet
> > Explorer.
>
> Did you read the description of that "component" carefully? The only
> thing that will remove is the SHORTCUT.

Ah, no. That would explain the 0k.

I know there is a way, did it some time back on a previous install. Can't
remember now. Left it on this one cause there's too many sites still that
won't work with firefox.

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 12 Dec 2007 00:14:35
Message: <475f6e3b$1@news.povray.org>
Gail Shaw wrote:
> I know there is a way, did it some time back on a previous install.

IE itself is a thin layer on top of a whole bunch of libraries that a
whole lot of other things depend on. Like the help system, for example,
as well as a bunch of download mechanisms. I don't think you ever
actually managed to pull the tentacles of IE out of Windows. It would be
like that scene from 20,000 Leagues with the giant squid, except it also
has its tentacles plugged into Auntie Em, who yelps every time you tug.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     It's not feature creep if you put it

Post a reply to this message