POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : stop the ride - Server Time
11 Oct 2024 15:18:49 EDT (-0400)
  stop the ride - (Message 1 to 10 of 53)
From: alphaQuad
Subject: stop the ride -
Date: 23 Nov 2007 21:00:01
Message: <web.474784def00b7879d77963a0@news.povray.org>
If the Bush administration succeeds in its latest request for funding for the
war in Iraq, the total cost would rise to $611.5 billion, according to the
National Priorities Project, a nonprofit research group.

The amount got us wondering: What would $611 billion buy?

According to World Bank estimates, $54 billion a year would eliminate starvation
and malnutrition globally by 2015, while $30 billion would provide a year of
primary education for every child on earth.

At the upper range of those estimates, the $611 billion cost of the war could
have fed and educated the world's poor for seven years

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/gallery/251007war_costs/

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'ice_sculpture.png' (230 KB)