POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : stop the ride - : Re: stop the ride - Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:19:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: stop the ride -
From: Darren New
Date: 24 Nov 2007 12:01:19
Message: <474858df$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> especially taking into account how many years it takes
> to build a civilization which can support itself.

I suspect you'd mostly have to replace the government with something
that respected basic property rights before pouring money in would help
anything. If you're going to kick out successful farmers and hand the
land over to cronies who don't know how to manage it, you're going to
have famines regardless of how much cash gets dumped into the economy.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     It's not feature creep if you put it