POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : More poor planning Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:20:20 EDT (-0400)
  More poor planning (Message 46 to 55 of 55)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: More poor planning
Date: 20 Nov 2007 11:05:01
Message: <web.474304fa7ad347ee726bd13c0@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> Stephen wrote:
>
> > I know the sort of template you mean.
> > Here we have to write design documents about what we are going to do before we
> > do it and get it authorised by QA. But if there is even a minor change then the
> > doc has to be re-evaluated and all work on it stops until it goes to the next
> > status.
>
> Fun, isn't it?
>
> Oh, did I mention? The actual *testing* needs to happen before 1 Dec
> 2007. No pressure or anything. I've never actually written a full test
> document for software before, but now's a fine time to learn. :-S
>
> > Hint, put in a deliberate mistake that you can take out to keep QA happy :)
>
> Yeah. I am *so* not trying that...

better write the script as you are running a pre-test test.

Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Gail Shaw
Date: 20 Nov 2007 12:27:00
Message: <474318e4@news.povray.org>

> Am I missing something obvious here??

There's budget in the pool allocated to servers, but none in the budget pool
allocated to desktops.

Try my place for size. Getting an additional 2 TB of storage added to the
SAN that's used by 3 servers is just a matter of sending an email to one
person. Is approved and will be available after the year end freeze ends.
However I've been trying, unsuccessfully, for 2 years to get an additional
40GB hard drive in my desktop.

Post a reply to this message

> "Invisible" <voi### [at] devnull> wrote in message
>
>> Am I missing something obvious here??
>
> There's budget in the pool allocated to servers, but none in the budget pool
> allocated to desktops.

Mmm, I think Gail has something here...

Post a reply to this message