POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Plans Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:11:02 EDT (-0400)
  Plans (Message 11 to 20 of 35)
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: Plans
Date: 6 Nov 2007 09:36:34
Message: <47307bf2$1@news.povray.org>
Fa3ien wrote:

>> (I just reliased... Every single doorway in the place has a unique ID
>> written on it. Wow.)
>
> That's pretty normal. The drawing is probably linked to some spreadsheet
> saying how much doors of what type are needed.

I wonder if that's what "FD30SC" means? (Every door seems to have this
written next to it, in addition to a unique number of the form "DB7".)

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 6 Nov 2007 09:38:05
Message: <47307c4d@news.povray.org>
Vincent Le Chevalier wrote:

> It's all French words :-) That said, Wikipedia can help:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brise_soleil
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baluster (read the first paragraph and not
> just the title)

Ah... So that useless bit that sticks out of the front of the building
is meant to be a sun shade?

[Interesting how all the buildings constructed so far have an identical
projection, despite facing different directions. I mean, surely the sun
can only rise from one direction... And sides, it's far too tiny to
shade anything except the top of the roof.]

Post a reply to this message

>>> (I just reliased... Every single doorway in the place has a unique ID
>>> written on it. Wow.)
>>
>> That's pretty normal. The drawing is probably linked to some spreadsheet
>> saying how much doors of what type are needed.
>
> I wonder if that's what "FD30SC" means? (Every door seems to have this
> written next to it, in addition to a unique number of the form "DB7".)

FD = Framed Door ? (such conventions are hardly universal)
30 = maybe 30 minutes fireproof ? on the leaf is 30 inches wide ?
SC = Single C???... ?

Sometimes there's an explanation on the edge (along with the meaning of hatches).

Fabien.

Post a reply to this message

>>> (I just reliased... Every single doorway in the place has a unique ID
>>> written on it. Wow.)
>>
>> That's pretty normal. The drawing is probably linked to some spreadsheet
>> saying how much doors of what type are needed.
>
> I wonder if that's what "FD30SC" means? (Every door seems to have this
> written next to it, in addition to a unique number of the form "DB7".)

for example, we name our doors like :
PSF-93-10
09F 2.20
(both symbols grouped in an hexagon)

which means :

Porte Simple Feu (Single door, fire resistant)
93 cm leaf in a 10 cm wall

the lower symbol is the room to which the door gives access

09 (underground, 00 is ground, 01 1st level...)
F : zone F (fire detection zone)
2.20 : hierarchic geographical numbering within a zone

Post a reply to this message