POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Plans : Re: Plans Server Time
11 Oct 2024 13:14:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Plans
From: Invisible
Date: 6 Nov 2007 10:13:32
Message: <4730849c$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:

> Also, next to the stairs, I found this:
>
>   OVERALL RISE OF STAIR 3825mm
>
>   EACH RISE: 165mm (x23)
>   EACH GOING: 250mm.
>   BALUSTRADE TO BE TOP FIXED.
>   DESIGN TO COMPLY WITH B.REGS
>   PART K & M.
>
> I just love the way they quote the size of a flight of stairs in
> millimeters! I mean, it rises 12 feet up, and we care about 25mm?

Hey, I just noticed. The individual stairs are numbered. As in, from 1
to 23. Wow!

There's also a small barely-readable table that says

    C   ARCHIVE STORE / INST. ROOMS RESETOUT  01.10.07  SH   DS
    B   DOOR REFS ADDED. DIMS UPDATED         28.08.07  SH   DS
    A   ISSUED FOR COMMENT                    15.08.07  SH   DS
   REV  DESCRIPTION                           DATE      DWN  CKD

I notice that in the middle of the building there's a line of what look
like H-section girders. Each one has a dashed line going through it,
ending in a unique letter on the outside of the building.

(To give you some idea, the lines C, D, E and F are all parallel and
equidistant. However, F and G are *not* parallel. The exterior walls on

particular, this means that the corridore to my office and my server
room has non-parallel walls. Let's hope I don't need to wheel anything
large through there!)

There's also lots of little enigmatic annotations such as

   BELOW GROUND
   DRANAGE CONNECTION
   FOR WHB

and

   STUB STACK

and

   sinks/washers
   see fittings

and

   RWP
   INTO
   BG.

Ooo, I just found a small space that looks like this:

   +-----------+

   |           |
   |   RISER   |

Hahahah! Some poor **** is going to have great fun building THAT...

There's also lots of circles with numbers in them. Or bisected circles
with pairs of numbers in them.

I'm sure all this means something to the guys drawing the plans. ;-)