POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Saw the most insightful description of opera Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:18:44 EDT (-0400)
  Saw the most insightful description of opera (Message 1 to 10 of 16)
From: Warp
Subject: Saw the most insightful description of opera
Date: 2 Nov 2007 22:10:17
Message: <472be699@news.povray.org>
"Bad acting, but good singing."

  I think that quite aptly describes opera. :P

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: nemesis
Subject: Re: Saw the most insightful description of opera
Date: 2 Nov 2007 22:30:00
Message: <web.472beb0b85ded3f2c10637b0@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> "Bad acting, but good singing."
>
>   I think that quite aptly describes opera. :P

never really digged Opera, except for a few arias and orchestral passages.  I
feel very much the same as when watching some of the old Hollywood musicals:
actors suddenly stopping what they are doing and beggining to sing and dance
out of nowhere give me the creeps... it's out of context but are very enjoyable
out of the context of the work itself... :)

Post a reply to this message

> never really digged Opera, except for a few arias and orchestral passages.  I
> feel very much the same as when watching some of the old Hollywood musicals:
> actors suddenly stopping what they are doing and beggining to sing and dance
> out of nowhere give me the creeps... it's out of context but are very enjoyable
> out of the context of the work itself... :)

Oddly I don't like musicals for exactly this reason.  I suppose maybe I
like opera because I seems more in context to me since they never really
stop singing.  Perhaps I just like the music more though.

Post a reply to this message