POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Saw the most insightful description of opera Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:12:47 EDT (-0400)
  Saw the most insightful description of opera (Message 11 to 16 of 16)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Saw the most insightful description of opera
Date: 4 Nov 2007 11:50:00
Message: <web.472df79885ded3f658c82890@news.povray.org>
> On Fri, 02 Nov 2007 21:08:05 -0700, Kevin Wampler wrote:
>
> > I love opera, and I still have to agree with this.  I think some operas
> > probably lend themselves a bit more to good (or less-bad) acting than
> > others though.
>
> Agreed. :-)
>
> They also tend to require the use of a fair bit of imagination; I like
> Wagner's Ring cycle, but the versions I've seen performed it was clear,
> for example, that Fafner was just a few people manipulating a big puppet.
>
> It would be cool, I think, if someone adapted some of the classic operas
> to film format - there are some pretty good (and some pretty awful)
> stories.
>
> Jim

The Met recorded their "Time Tunnel" Ring cycle version about 10 years ago. It
is probably still available.

Like in the theatre you need to suspend disbelief. Sometimes that is a bit hard
if you keep your eyes open. :)
For me it is the music + voices that are important.

Stephen

Post a reply to this message