POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Wahahahaha! Server Time
11 Oct 2024 19:15:04 EDT (-0400)
  Wahahahaha! (Message 51 to 60 of 170)
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: Wahahahaha!
Date: 6 Nov 2007 09:32:50
Message: <47307b12$1@news.povray.org>
Tom Austin wrote:

> I once swapped the J & K keys on my keyboard at work.
>
> It was great seeing other people try to figure out what was wrong.

You think that's bad? Try taking a PC, disconnecting the US keyboard and
hooking up a UK keyboard. Confuses the **** out of people until you load
the correct keymap.

[Unfortunately, we have quite a lot of US keyboards here. I blame Dell...]

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 6 Nov 2007 09:40:08
Message: <47307cc8$1@news.povray.org>
Tom Austin wrote:

> I once swapped the J & K keys on my keyboard at work.
>
> It was great seeing other people try to figure out what was wrong.

If you really want to play evil games with people, take a calculator and
rearrange the bottoms the opposite way round. As in, if the buttons are
arranged as

   1 2 3
   4 5 6
   7 8 9

change it to

   7 8 9
   4 5 6
   1 2 3

Both arrangements are entirely plausible, and so nobody will think this
strange. Until they try to use it...

PS. I've always wondered... Do German keyboards have that weird
beta-like glyph on them?

Post a reply to this message

> > I once swapped the J & K keys on my keyboard at work.
> >
> > It was great seeing other people try to figure out what was wrong.
>
> You think that's bad? Try taking a PC, disconnecting the US keyboard and
> hooking up a UK keyboard. Confuses the **** out of people until you load
> the correct keymap.
>
> [Unfortunately, we have quite a lot of US keyboards here. I blame Dell...]

again my k/board changes to the UK one but the keys are still the US layout.
Only in word. I love it.

BTW German K/boards are different from ours.
BTW2 How can you tell if a keyboard is a French one?

Stephen

Post a reply to this message