POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Wahahahaha! Server Time
11 Oct 2024 21:17:38 EDT (-0400)
  Wahahahaha! (Message 111 to 120 of 170)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: Wahahahaha!
Date: 8 Nov 2007 14:13:03
Message: <47335fbf@news.povray.org>
> I mean, if you're the guy who designed the inside of the C compiler and
> knows the exact instruction scheduling algorithm that it uses *and* you
> somehow have access to the source code version of the program *and* you
> understand the exact execution path that lead to this point *and* you're
> a super-expert in extremely low-level programming *and* you have insane
> amounts of time available...

  Or, alternatively, you have a simple C debugger.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: Arttu Voutilainen
Date: 8 Nov 2007 15:26:48
Message: <47337108$1@news.povray.org>
Eero Ahonen wrote:
> Brian Elliott wrote:
>> "Alain" <ele### [at] netscapenet> wrote in message
>>> Once when playing with a small speaker, I pluged it in a transformer
>>> and was prety unimpressed by the feeble low hum I got, so, I plugged
>>> it directly into the wall socket, hoping for a loud hum. Use a regular
>>> electrical plug, hook the speaker whires in to it, plug it in. Instant
>>> POF, flash of light, small cloud of smoke, smell of ozone and burnt
>>> metal, bursted speaker's dome. The coil's whires got vaporised.
>>> At the time, I was about 10 or 11.
>> I did the same to one of those tiny 3-volt DC motors, like the cog-ended
>> ones that are in battery-powered toys.  A friend bragged at school he'd
>> plugged one into the mains, and it went really incredibly fast and was
>> really hot afterwards.
>>

> Every time I read these I feel more and more sorry for myself for NOT
> doing something that stupid (and cool :p) as a kid.

Yeah, me too.

Guess I have still some time left to do something cool with elec ;)

-- Arttu Voutilainen

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 8 Nov 2007 19:08:55
Message: <4733a517$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   Or, alternatively, you have a simple C debugger.

Heck, I used to go through printed hex core dumps to figure out what
went wrong. It's not that hard, if you know what you're doing.

Of course, with programs bigger than a few dozen K, it helps to have
automation. :-)

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     Remember the good old days, when we