POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Merry Xmas! Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:12:52 EDT (-0400)
  Merry Xmas! (Message 20 to 29 of 29)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Merry Xmas!
Date: 31 Oct 2007 17:10:17
Message: <4728fd49$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
 >   There are 10 types of people: Those who understand binary and those
 > who don't.

2 + 2 is ... 10.....

   ... IN BASE 4!  I'm *FINE*!

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     Remember the good old days, when we

Post a reply to this message

From: Rune
Date: 1 Nov 2007 02:10:49
Message: <47297bf9$1@news.povray.org>
"Darren New" wrote:
> 2 + 2 is ... 10.....
>
>   ... IN BASE 4!  I'm *FINE*!

It did annoy me that that joke doesn't really make sense when spoken out
loud. "10" can mean many different numbers but "ten" cannot.

Rune

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 1 Nov 2007 05:35:00
Message: <web.4729ab28788aa1f5c4e49fa40@news.povray.org>
Sabrina Kilian <"ykgp at vtSPAM.edu"> wrote:
> Warp wrote:
> > Stephen <mcavoys_AT_aolDOT.com> wrote:
> >> Are you sure? OCT 31st is the old Keltic ?New Year? not Xmas. :) :)
> >> Are you going out guising tonight?
> >
> >   There are 10 types of people: Those who understand binary and those
> > who don't.
> >

> There are actually 10 types of people: Those who understand trinary,
> those who think it's binary, and those who don't understand either.

Somehow I am reminded of this:

He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool. Shun him. He who
knows not and knows that he knows not is a child. Teach him. He who knows and
knows not that he knows is asleep. Wake him. He who knows and knows that he
knows is a wise man. Follow him.

I don't know why :)

Stephen

Post a reply to this message

"Stephen" <mcavoys_AT_aolDOT.com> wrote in message

> Somehow I am reminded of this:
>
> He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool. Shun him. He
> who
> knows not and knows that he knows not is a child. Teach him. He who knows
> and
> knows not that he knows is asleep. Wake him. He who knows and knows that
> he
> knows is a wise man. Follow him.
>
> I don't know why :)

Noe's nose knows no's.