POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Awesom Spider! Server Time
11 Oct 2024 13:16:08 EDT (-0400)
  Awesom Spider! (Message 11 to 15 of 15)
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Subject: Re: Awesom Spider!
Date: 24 Oct 2007 08:58:42
Message: <471f4182$1@news.povray.org>
"Mueen Nawaz" <m.n### [at] ieeeorg> wrote in message

> Huge.
>
> The images, not the spider.

Yeah, I left them in ultra huge size, just because I'm lazy.

Post a reply to this message

From: Jeremy M  Praay
Date: 24 Oct 2007 09:02:04
Message: <471f424c$1@news.povray.org>
"Brian Elliott" <NotForSpam@AskIfUWant> wrote in message

> "Jeremy M. Praay" <jer### [at] questsoftwarecmo> wrote in message
>> Ok, to those of you living in more diverse regions of the planet, this
>> may
>> not be as interesting.  But, it's probably the largest type of spider
>> that
>> I've seen here in Michigan, so I took a few pictures.  That "thing" all
>> wadded up is a medium sized grasshopper, probably about an inch long.
>>
>> http://www.beantoad.com/newimages/img_0143.jpg
>
> Michigan eh?  That is remarkably similar to the St. Andrew's Cross spider
> here in Australia (Brisbane, mid-East coast)
>
> Here's a couple of examples I took in my friend's front garden in June
> 2005.
> Front and back views of the same spider.
>
> Also we have what we call "Garden Spiders", "Golden Orb Spiders" (very
> strong, very golden thread) and "Tent Spiders".  The latter produce a big
> upside-down parabolic tightly-wound web, connected to the surroundings by
> big messy tangle of guy-wires.

Yeah, a fellow at work said he thought it was a golden orb, but I haven't
been able to find any pictures on the Web that look exactly like it.  The
Golden Garden Spider seemed to be pretty close, but not an exact match.

Post a reply to this message