POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mac Plus vs AMD Dual Core Server Time
11 Oct 2024 17:47:09 EDT (-0400)
  Mac Plus vs AMD Dual Core (Message 141 to 150 of 170)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: Mac Plus vs AMD Dual Core
Date: 2 Nov 2007 15:02:50
Message: <472b826a@news.povray.org>
scott <sco### [at] laptopcom> wrote:
> Allowing users to modify settings and install anything usually leads to an
> unstable environment and many many IT support calls.

  That's because they use the wrong OS, where users can screw up the
system by installing and changing settings...

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 2 Nov 2007 18:53:12
Message: <472bb868@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   That's because they use the wrong OS, where users can screw up the
> system by installing and changing settings...

And what system lets you install applications and change settings that
*doesn't* let you screw things up?  Last time I ran rpm as a normal
user, it not only didn't work, it gave a really stupid error message.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     Remember the good old days, when we

Post a reply to this message