POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Short one Server Time
11 Oct 2024 19:15:22 EDT (-0400)
  Short one (Message 90 to 99 of 129)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Short one
Date: 17 Oct 2007 00:23:01
Message: <47158e25$1@news.povray.org>
Interesting, looks like you know more about it than I do - does it just
then relate to payment information and not personal data?

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: scott
Date: 17 Oct 2007 02:56:34
Message: <4715b222$1@news.povray.org>
>> It's not a case of law or not, it's the fact that you signed an agreement
>> with the company that gives you access to the internet.  If you don't
>> agree
>> with their terms, then use another ISP, or if you can't find one that you
>> agree with then make your own ISP or don't use the internet.
>
>  That doesn't automatically mean that the police can go and do whatever
> it wants.

If the ISP agrees to it they can - the key point is that *you* don't have to
agree, because you've already handed over that responsibility to your ISP
when you signed up.

Post a reply to this message