POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Short one : Re: Short one Server Time
11 Oct 2024 21:20:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Short one
From: Sabrina Kilian
Date: 17 Oct 2007 10:29:26
Message: <47161c46$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> scott <sco### [at] laptopcom> wrote:
>> If the ISP agrees to it they can
>
>   I would like to see the law which says this.

Check your User Agreement and search procedures in your country. The
agreement, at least the ones from ISPs I've used, allows them to do what
ever they want with the data as long as it is not identifiable, or to
turn the data over to law enforcement. Search procedure in the USA
allows the 'inhabitant' to authorize a search. Inhabitant might be a bad
word for this, but a house sitter can allow the police to search a house
not owned by them because they are the current guardian of that house. A
renter or a land lord can authorize the search an apartment. Since the
ISP is the guardian of the data on their servers, they would have the
option of turning it over to police within what ever terms they set up
in their user agreement.