POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How politically incorrect is the death of children in sci-fi? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 17:47:38 EDT (-0400)
  How politically incorrect is the death of children in sci-fi? (Message 21 to 30 of 31)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 1 Messages >>>
From: Warp
Subject: Re: How politically incorrect is the death of children in sci-fi?
Date: 17 Sep 2007 20:05:31
Message: <46ef164a@news.povray.org>
John VanSickle <evi### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> Which is kind of a turnaround since ancient times.  With a few
> exceptions, most ancient cultures treated children as objects.

  Somehow it seems that the humanity only knows extremes. When something
or someone suffers from one extreme for a long time, this problem is
later "solved" with the complete opposite extreme. This other extreme
more often than not borders the ridiculous, and can sometimes even do
harm. (I'm not saying this is one such case, as this particular case
is pretty complicated, but in general.)

  Is the concept of moderation really so difficult for humanity to
grasp?

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message