POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How politically incorrect is the death of children in sci-fi? : Re: How politically incorrect is the death of children in sci-fi? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 17:44:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How politically incorrect is the death of children in sci-fi?
From: Rune
Date: 18 Sep 2007 08:55:25
Message: <46efcabd@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> John VanSickle <evi### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
>> Which is kind of a turnaround since ancient times.  With a few
>> exceptions, most ancient cultures treated children as objects.
>
>  Somehow it seems that the humanity only knows extremes. When
> something or someone suffers from one extreme for a long time, this
> problem is later "solved" with the complete opposite extreme.

It's easy to think it seems that way, because our minds are better at
noticing extremes than noticing lack of extremes. Thus, if an extreme
gradually disappears over time and is replaced with harmony and moderation,
chances are nobody makes a big deal out of it or even notice it, while
extremes that changes into other extremes will certainly be noticed and
create a lot of fuzz.

Rune
--
http://runevision.com