POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Virtual insanity Server Time
12 Oct 2024 13:24:44 EDT (-0400)
  Virtual insanity (Message 4 to 13 of 123)
<<< Previous 3 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: Ross
Subject: Re: Virtual insanity
Date: 11 Sep 2007 18:00:17
Message: <46e70ff1$1@news.povray.org>
"Gail Shaw" <initialsurname@sentech sa dot com> wrote in message
news:46e6e26d@news.povray.org...

> "Orchid XP v3" <voi### [at] devnull> wrote in message
> > I just spoke to a girl. About Graham's Law of Gas Diffusion. And there
> > were differential equations. But she got her indecies mixed up. But we
> > managed to sort it out in the end. And afterwards she gave me her phone
> > number.
> >
> > WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
>
> So, when are you going to call her?

Obligatory "Swingers" scene:

Mike: So how long do I wait to call?
Trent: A day.
Mike: Tomorrow.
Sue: Tomorrow, then a day.
Trent: Yeah.
Mike: So two days?
Trent: Yeah, I guess you could call it that, two days.
Sue: Definitely, two days is like industry standard.
Trent: You know I used to wait two days to call anybody, but now it's like
everyone in town waits two days. So I think three days is kind of money.
What do you think?
Sue: Yeah, but two's enough not to look anxious.
Trent: But I think three days is kind of money. You know because you...
Mike: Yeah, but you know what, mabey I'll wait 3 weeks. How's that? And tell
her I was cleaning out my wallet and I just happened to run into her number.
Charles: Then ask her where you met her.
Mike: Yeah, I'll ask her where I met her. I don't remember. What does she
look like? And then I'll asked if we f***ed. Is that... would that be... T,
would that be the money?
Trent: You know what. Ha ha ha Mike, laugh all you want but if you call too
soon you might scare off a nice baby who's ready to party.
Mike: Well how long are you guys gonna wait to call your babies?
Trent, Sue: Six days.

Post a reply to this message

> I just spoke to a girl. About Graham's Law of Gas Diffusion. And there
> were differential equations. But she got her indecies mixed up. But we
> managed to sort it out in the end. And afterwards she gave me her
> phone number.

Where did you speak to her?

Was it on the net, as the title implies?

Rune
--
http://runevision.com

Post a reply to this message

>>"Orchid XP v3" <voi### [at] devnull> wrote in message
>>
>>>I just spoke to a girl. About Graham's Law of Gas Diffusion. And there
>>>were differential equations. But she got her indecies mixed up. But we
>>>managed to sort it out in the end. And afterwards she gave me her phone
>>>number.
>>>
>>>WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
>>
>>So, when are you going to call her?
>>

> Obligatory "Swingers" scene:
>
> Mike: So how long do I wait to call?
> Trent: A day.
> Mike: Tomorrow.
> Sue: Tomorrow, then a day.
> Trent: Yeah.
> Mike: So two days?
> Trent: Yeah, I guess you could call it that, two days.
> Sue: Definitely, two days is like industry standard.
> Trent: You know I used to wait two days to call anybody, but now it's like
> everyone in town waits two days. So I think three days is kind of money.
> What do you think?
> Sue: Yeah, but two's enough not to look anxious.
> Trent: But I think three days is kind of money. You know because you...
> Mike: Yeah, but you know what, mabey I'll wait 3 weeks. How's that? And tell
> her I was cleaning out my wallet and I just happened to run into her number.
> Charles: Then ask her where you met her.
> Mike: Yeah, I'll ask her where I met her. I don't remember. What does she
> look like? And then I'll asked if we f***ed. Is that... would that be... T,
> would that be the money?
> Trent: You know what. Ha ha ha Mike, laugh all you want but if you call too
> soon you might scare off a nice baby who's ready to party.
> Mike: Well how long are you guys gonna wait to call your babies?
> Trent, Sue: Six days.

Wow, that is exactly the conversation goes on in the back of my cab
night after night, perfectly documented.  Impressive.

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 11 Sep 2007 23:35:26
Message: <46e75e7e$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 21:57:26 -0400, Jim Charter wrote:

> Wow, that is exactly the conversation goes on in the back of my cab
> night after night, perfectly documented.

Hey, that reminds me - how long you been teaching the class you teach?
We've taken to watching "Cash Cab" on Discovery and have often wondered
if Ben (the host of the show) is actually a licensed cab driver.  His bio
says he used to be a limo driver (in NYC, IIRC), but we don't know if
that would be relevant experience.

The show credits the NYC Taxi Commission (they do use the correct name,
of course - I just can't remember it).

Just a random tangential thought/question...

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: St
Date: 12 Sep 2007 08:24:39
Message: <46e7da87@news.povray.org>
>I just spoke to a girl. About Graham's Law of Gas Diffusion. And there were
>differential equations. But she got her indecies mixed up. But we managed
>to sort it out in the end. And afterwards she gave me her phone number.
>
> WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
>
> *runs round like an escaped mental patient*

      Well done! Heh, is she nice? How old(ish)?

       ~Steve~

> --
> http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

Post a reply to this message

From: Gilles Tran
Date: 12 Sep 2007 09:05:04
Message: <46e7e400@news.povray.org>

46e7da87@news.povray.org...

>      Well done! Heh, is she nice? How old(ish)?

Hmm.

- Hello, this is Andrew, is, er, Brenda here, she gave me this number...
- Hello, this is Wifebeaters Anonymous, can I help you? This conversation is
recorded. Have you heard of the 12 steps?

G.

Post a reply to this message

From: St
Date: 12 Sep 2007 09:11:16
Message: <46e7e574@news.povray.org>
"Gilles Tran" <gil### [at] agroparistechfr> wrote in message

> 46e7da87@news.povray.org...
>>

>>      Well done! Heh, is she nice? How old(ish)?
>
> Hmm.
>
> - Hello, this is Andrew, is, er, Brenda here, she gave me this number...
> - Hello, this is Wifebeaters Anonymous, can I help you? This conversation
> is recorded. Have you heard of the 12 steps?

    LOL! :)  Ok, I see it...  :)

   ~Steve~

> G.

Post a reply to this message

From: St
Date: 12 Sep 2007 09:30:00
Message: <46e7e9d8@news.povray.org>
"Gilles Tran" <gil### [at] agroparistechfr> wrote in message

> 46e7da87@news.povray.org...
>>

>>      Well done! Heh, is she nice? How old(ish)?
>
> Hmm.
>
> - Hello, this is Andrew, is, er, Brenda here, she gave me this number...
> - Hello, this is Wifebeaters Anonymous, can I help you? This conversation
> is recorded. Have you heard of the 12 steps?

     Thinking about it, in a slightly different way, this reminds me of when
I went ice skating with our youth club when I was about 12-13. It was the
first time I'd been skating, and actually, I got used to it fairly quickly.
So, a few falls later, and trying to master the corners, all of a sudden
this girl (that I didn't know) came up to me and grabbed my hand, leading me
around the rink. I was thinking, "This can't be real, I'm dreaming this". My
young heart was pounding. She was nice! But, after 3 or 4 circuits, she
suddenly speeded up and then as we were heading for the next corner, she
suddenly let go. I was powerless to do anything about it, and landed in a
heap against the barrier. That 'crushed' me for a while concerning girls.
;)

   ~Steve~

> G.

Post a reply to this message

From: Rune
Date: 12 Sep 2007 10:27:17
Message: <46e7f745@news.povray.org>
St. wrote:
>     Thinking about it, in a slightly different way, this reminds me
> of when I went ice skating with our youth club when I was about
> 12-13. It was the first time I'd been skating, and actually, I got
> used to it fairly quickly. So, a few falls later, and trying to
> master the corners, all of a sudden this girl (that I didn't know)
> came up to me and grabbed my hand, leading me around the rink. I was
> thinking, "This can't be real, I'm dreaming this". My young heart was
> pounding. She was nice! But, after 3 or 4 circuits, she suddenly
> speeded up and then as we were heading for the next corner, she
> suddenly let go. I was powerless to do anything about it, and landed
> in a heap against the barrier. That 'crushed' me for a while
> concerning girls. ;)

Aw... I can't decide if this is cruel or sweet. I mean, did she just want to
tease you, maybe encourage playfulness, or did she genuinely try to be mean
to you...?

Rune
--
http://runevision.com

Post a reply to this message

From: St
Date: 12 Sep 2007 10:33:33
Message: <46e7f8bd@news.povray.org>
"Rune" <new### [at] runevisioncom> wrote in message

> Aw... I can't decide if this is cruel or sweet. I mean, did she just want
> to tease you, maybe encourage playfulness, or did she genuinely try to be
> mean to you...?

     Genuinely mean. :o) She was a local girl, (the rink was in Bristol),
and we found out later that night that several of them (girls and boys) were
doing it to the 'non-locals'. I think it was their idea of fun. Still, I
didn't mind, it was nice just to hold her warm hand. ;)

     ~Steve~

> Rune
> --
> http://runevision.com

Post a reply to this message

<<< Previous 3 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>