POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Multicore insanity Server Time
11 Oct 2024 17:47:27 EDT (-0400)
  Multicore insanity (Message 39 to 48 of 58)
From: scott
Subject: Re: Multicore insanity
Date: 10 Sep 2007 03:01:20
Message: <46e4ebc0@news.povray.org>
>> Only offer a single version loaded with features and people
>> will complain that it's too expensive and contains loads of stuff they
>> don't
>> need.
>
>  Not if you offer it at the price you are selling the crippled version.

But you can't do that because your total revenue will be lower then so
you'll have to charge more.  This will mean a lot of people at the lower-end
of the market won't buy the software.

>  I have hard time believing people are buying the Home version *because*
> it has limited support for processors. They are only buying it because the
> other alternatives are more expensive. It's not the features, it's the
> price.

Exactly.  And the only reason MS can sell the basic version that cheap is
because they are getting a load of money for the people who buy the
expensive versions for the features.

Post a reply to this message