POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Multicore insanity Server Time
11 Oct 2024 15:18:27 EDT (-0400)
  Multicore insanity (Message 11 to 20 of 58)
From: Orchid XP v3
Subject: Re: Multicore insanity
Date: 8 Sep 2007 11:57:08
Message: <46e2c654$1@news.povray.org>
Tor Olav Kristensen wrote:

> What I am wondering about is how many critical bugs
> these Intel Quad-Core Xeon processors have...

Few enough that nobody has noticed them yet. ;-)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

Post a reply to this message

From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 8 Sep 2007 13:58:22
Message: <46e2e2be$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v3 wrote:
> Tor Olav Kristensen wrote:
>
>> What I am wondering about is how many critical bugs
>> these Intel Quad-Core Xeon processors have...
>
> Few enough that nobody has noticed them yet. ;-)

Or that Intel hasn't told anybody about them yet =)

Related articles:

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2007/06/28/core_2_duo_errata/
http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=118296441702631

--
Tor Olav
http://subcube.com

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid XP v3
Date: 8 Sep 2007 15:00:43
Message: <46e2f15b$1@news.povray.org>
>>> What I am wondering about is how many critical bugs
>>> these Intel Quad-Core Xeon processors have...
>> Few enough that nobody has noticed them yet. ;-)
>
> Or that Intel hasn't told anybody about them yet =)

...or that, yes. ;-)

> Related articles:
>
> http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2007/06/28/core_2_duo_errata/

"Part of security exploitation is being able to crash a system reliably."

Wow. "Crash a system reliably." Now *there* is a concept! :-D

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

Post a reply to this message

>>> Few enough that nobody has noticed them yet. ;-)
>>
>> Or that Intel hasn't told anybody about them yet =)
>
> ...or that, yes. ;-)
>
>> Related articles:
>>
>> http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2007/06/28/core_2_duo_errata/
>
> "Part of security exploitation is being able to crash a system reliably."
>
> Wow. "Crash a system reliably." Now *there* is a concept! :-D

http://www.google.no/search?q=define:denial+of+service

=)

--
Tor Olav