POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : ze moon Server Time
11 Oct 2024 17:43:40 EDT (-0400)
  ze moon (Message 11 to 20 of 32)
From: scott
Subject: Re: ze moon
Date: 28 Aug 2007 10:36:56
Message: <46d43308@news.povray.org>
> For mine I used two toggle switches.  I found ones where you could flick
> them either way, to the left and they stay there (for long exposures) or
> to the right and they spring back (for repeated fast shots).

RS (rswww.com) part number 448-0810 if you are interested.

Post a reply to this message

From: M a r c
Date: 28 Aug 2007 10:57:10
Message: <46d437c6$1@news.povray.org>

46d3f86a@news.povray.org...
> Tried taking a pic when it was fully in shadow but was too dark to find
> thru camera.  :(

We like the moon
coz it is close to us
we like the moooon!
but not as much as a spoon
'cause that's more use for eating soup
and a fork isn't very useful for that
unless it has got many vegetables
and then you might be better off with a
chop-stick
unlike the moon
it is up in the sky
it's up there very high
but not as high
as maybe
dirigibles or zeppelins
or lightbulbs
and maybe clouds
and puffins also I think maybe
they go quite high too
maybe not as high as the moon
coz the moon is very high
we like the moon
the moon is very useful everyone
everybody like the moon
because it light up the sky at night
and it lovely
and it makes the tide go and we like it
but not as much as cheese
we really like cheese
we like zeppelins
we really like them
and we like kelp and we like moose
and we like deer and we like marmots
and we like all the fluffy animals
we really like the moon

Sorry I can't resist

Post a reply to this message

From: Brian Elliott
Date: 28 Aug 2007 18:49:07
Message: <46d4a663@news.povray.org>
"scott" <sco### [at] laptopcom> wrote in message
> On my camera (Canon 300D) the remote shutter release is just a stereo
> 2.5mm jack, easy to pick up from electronics stores and wire up 2 simple
> switches if you can solder.

Hmmm, <looks at camera>.  Pentax *iST DS here.  I can see it is a coaxial
socket, but my impression is the bore is too small for a 2.5mm jack.
Squinting into it with a magnifying glass, I think I can make out sleeve,
ring and tip contacts.  I think I have some in my old electronics junk box,
so it won't be too hard to check.

> I suppose another alternative would be to use some sort of clamp to hold
> down the shutter button, then you can use the black card trick while
> attaching it and removing it.

Uh-oh, carpentry and metalwork were my two worst subjects!  :-D

Post a reply to this message