POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : ze moon : Re: ze moon Server Time
11 Oct 2024 19:15:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ze moon
From: Brian Elliott
Date: 28 Aug 2007 18:49:07
Message: <46d4a663@news.povray.org>
"scott" <sco### [at] laptopcom> wrote in message
> On my camera (Canon 300D) the remote shutter release is just a stereo
> 2.5mm jack, easy to pick up from electronics stores and wire up 2 simple
> switches if you can solder.

Hmmm, <looks at camera>.  Pentax *iST DS here.  I can see it is a coaxial
socket, but my impression is the bore is too small for a 2.5mm jack.
Squinting into it with a magnifying glass, I think I can make out sleeve,
ring and tip contacts.  I think I have some in my old electronics junk box,
so it won't be too hard to check.

> I suppose another alternative would be to use some sort of clamp to hold
> down the shutter button, then you can use the black card trick while
> attaching it and removing it.

Uh-oh, carpentry and metalwork were my two worst subjects!  :-D