POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : Rope macros Server Time
28 Mar 2024 16:51:43 EDT (-0400)
  Rope macros (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: gil
Subject: Rope macros
Date: 16 Aug 2009 13:45:00
Message: <web.4a8844eb891b2f264c5582dd0@news.povray.org>
Having a requirement for ropes in my project, I sprang with delight on the Rope
macros. However, whether I use the supplied rope.pov, or incorporate the
examples in my own pov file, the ropes are almost invisible. On close
inspection, they appear to be composed of coloured flecks, which may be the
fibre highlights, but the substance of the ropes appears transparent. I am
using povRay 3.6.

Any suggestions?

Gil

PS I hope this is the right topic... Apologies if not.

Post a reply to this message

> Having a requirement for ropes in my project, I sprang with delight on the Rope
> macros. However, whether I use the supplied rope.pov, or incorporate the
> examples in my own pov file, the ropes are almost invisible. On close
> inspection, they appear to be composed of coloured flecks, which may be the
> fibre highlights, but the substance of the ropes appears transparent. I am
> using povRay 3.6.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Gil
>
> PS I hope this is the right topic... Apologies if not.

Can you give an example of how you're envoking the macros.
example:
#include "Rope.inc"
Rope_Undef()
#declare Rope_Catenary_a = 15; // 1 default
Rope_AddPoint (<0,0,0>)
#declare Rope_SplineIncrement = 0.01; //.001 default
#declare Rope_LengthChunks    = 100; //1000 default
Rope_Catenary(<20,0,0>)
Rope_ArrayToRope("")

and what is the scale of some of your scene elements?

Stephen S

Post a reply to this message