POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : Rope macros : Re: Rope macros Server Time
16 Apr 2024 18:00:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rope macros
From: StephenS
Date: 16 Aug 2009 15:10:00
Message: <web.4a8859323e39793b37d670520@news.povray.org>
"gil" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Having a requirement for ropes in my project, I sprang with delight on the Rope
> macros. However, whether I use the supplied rope.pov, or incorporate the
> examples in my own pov file, the ropes are almost invisible. On close
> inspection, they appear to be composed of coloured flecks, which may be the
> fibre highlights, but the substance of the ropes appears transparent. I am
> using povRay 3.6.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Gil
>
> PS I hope this is the right topic... Apologies if not.

Can you give an example of how you're envoking the macros.
example:
#include "Rope.inc"
Rope_Undef()
#declare Rope_Catenary_a = 15; // 1 default
Rope_AddPoint (<0,0,0>)
#declare Rope_SplineIncrement = 0.01; //.001 default
#declare Rope_LengthChunks    = 100; //1000 default
Rope_Catenary(<20,0,0>)
Rope_ArrayToRope("")

and what is the scale of some of your scene elements?

Stephen S