POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Create organic creatures Server Time
18 May 2024 01:00:06 EDT (-0400)
  Create organic creatures (Message 21 to 30 of 41)
From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: Create organic creatures
Date: 30 Jun 2014 03:32:57
Message: <53b112a9$1@news.povray.org>
On 29-6-2014 22:46, Stephen wrote:
> I am dying to have the time to try your and Maurice's exporters.
> I watch with envy when you post something new.

Yep.

> But remember that Blender is so functionally dense (there is a lot to
> it) that it is hard to even know about most of its features.

Yep too.

> Also there are a lot of older people here who hand code and think that,
> that's the way God intended it. :-P <ducks and runs>

What? Didn't he?

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 30 Jun 2014 07:00:01
Message: <web.53b143197d8fd0597f6b03a40@news.povray.org>
> On 29-6-2014 22:46, Stephen wrote:

> > Also there are a lot of older people here who hand code and think that,
> > that's the way God intended it. :-P <ducks and runs>
>
> What? Didn't he?

You think the 10 commandments are lines of code? ;-)

Not a codex?

:-P

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 30 Jun 2014 08:16:10
Message: <53b1550a$1@news.povray.org>
On 30-6-2014 12:59, Stephen wrote:
>> On 29-6-2014 22:46, Stephen wrote:
>

>>> Also there are a lot of older people here who hand code and think that,
>>> that's the way God intended it. :-P <ducks and runs>
>>
>> What? Didn't he?
>>

> You think the 10 commandments are lines of code? ;-)
>
> Not a codex?
>
> :-P

Yes, of course! Not for every layperson to be able to decipher :-) Maybe
a HexCode...
Hence the state the world happens to be in...

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: Doctor John
Date: 30 Jun 2014 08:42:24
Message: <53b15b30$1@news.povray.org>
On 30/06/14 13:16, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> Yes, of course! Not for every layperson to be able to decipher :-) Maybe
> a HexCode...
> Hence the state the world happens to be in...
>
> Thomas

Is it not written in the Gospel According to Tux:

'In the beginning Turing created the Machine.

And the Machine was crufty and bodacious, existing in theory only. And
von Neumann looked upon the Machine, and saw that it was crufty. He
divided the Machine into two Abstractions, the Data and the Code, and
yet the two were one Architecture. This is a great Mystery, and the
beginning of wisdom.

And von Neumann spoke unto the Architecture, and blessed it, saying, "Go
forth and replicate, freely exchanging data and code, and bring forth
all manner of devices unto the earth." And it was so, and it was cool.
The Architecture prospered and was implemented in hardware and software.
And it brought forth many Systems unto the earth.'

John (Bishop and The Keeper of Acronyms)
--
Protect the Earth
It was not given to you by your parents

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 30 Jun 2014 10:10:55
Message: <53b16fef$1@news.povray.org>
On 30-6-2014 14:42, Doctor John wrote:
> Is it not written in the Gospel According to Tux:
>
> 'In the beginning Turing created the Machine.
>
> And the Machine was crufty and bodacious, existing in theory only. And
> von Neumann looked upon the Machine, and saw that it was crufty. He
> divided the Machine into two Abstractions, the Data and the Code, and
> yet the two were one Architecture. This is a great Mystery, and the
> beginning of wisdom.
>
> And von Neumann spoke unto the Architecture, and blessed it, saying, "Go
> forth and replicate, freely exchanging data and code, and bring forth
> all manner of devices unto the earth." And it was so, and it was cool.
> The Architecture prospered and was implemented in hardware and software.
> And it brought forth many Systems unto the earth.'
>
> John (Bishop and The Keeper of Acronyms)

I have seen the light! I am a convert! Praise be to holy Babbage and
Holy Ada Lovelace!

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: LanuHum
Date: 30 Jun 2014 13:40:00
Message: <web.53b1a0087d8fd0597a3e03fe0@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:

> Does that mean Blender can import .pov files? ^_^

Yes! Before to run povray.exe, Blender creates the .ini and .pov files
Simply, there is an option which deletes files after a render. This option can
be disconnected.
And, how without files to make the render? :) :) :)

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 30 Jun 2014 17:34:51
Message: <53b1d7fb$1@news.povray.org>
On 30/06/2014 6:36 PM, LanuHum wrote:
> Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
>

>> Does that mean Blender can import .pov files? ^_^
>>

> Yes! Before to run povray.exe, Blender creates the .ini and .pov files
> Simply, there is an option which deletes files after a render. This option can
> be disconnected.
> And, how without files to make the render? :) :) :)

I think that we have a misunderstanding here.
Blender can export .pov and .ini files.
To import Pov files, it would need to parse them and convert the objects
to meshes or nurbs or use the primitives.

And to answer your question, that's easy. Juju. ;-)

Import, export. Only the tax man cares. :-)

--
Regards
     Stephen

I solemnly promise to kick the next angle, I see.

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 30 Jun 2014 17:47:10
Message: <53b1dade$1@news.povray.org>
On 30/06/2014 3:10 PM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> On 30-6-2014 14:42, Doctor John wrote:
>> Is it not written in the Gospel According to Tux:
>>
>> 'In the beginning Turing created the Machine.
>>
>> And the Machine was crufty and bodacious, existing in theory only. And
>> von Neumann looked upon the Machine, and saw that it was crufty. He
>> divided the Machine into two Abstractions, the Data and the Code, and
>> yet the two were one Architecture. This is a great Mystery, and the
>> beginning of wisdom.
>>
>> And von Neumann spoke unto the Architecture, and blessed it, saying, "Go
>> forth and replicate, freely exchanging data and code, and bring forth
>> all manner of devices unto the earth." And it was so, and it was cool.
>> The Architecture prospered and was implemented in hardware and software.
>> And it brought forth many Systems unto the earth.'
>>
>> John (Bishop and The Keeper of Acronyms)
>>

> I have seen the light! I am a convert! Praise be to holy Babbage and
> Holy Ada Lovelace!

This may sound like heresy to you digital types. But for those of us who
have worked on analogue systems. You are a breakaway sect.
A over D any day. :-)

--
Regards
     Stephen

I solemnly promise to kick the next angle or saxon, I see.

Post a reply to this message

From: Doctor John
Date: 1 Jul 2014 04:59:05
Message: <53b27859$1@news.povray.org>
On 30/06/14 22:47, Stephen wrote:

> This may sound like heresy to you digital types. But for those of us who
> have worked on analogue systems. You are a breakaway sect.
> A over D any day. :-)

Blasphemy! Burn him!

John (aka The Chief Inquisitor)

From: Stephen
Date: 1 Jul 2014 06:10:00
Message: <web.53b288a67d8fd0597f6b03a40@news.povray.org>
Doctor John <j.g### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> On 30/06/14 22:47, Stephen wrote:
> >
> > This may sound like heresy to you digital types. But for those of us who
> > have worked on analogue systems. You are a breakaway sect.
> > A over D any day. :-)
> >

> Blasphemy! Burn him!

Zealot!
I suppose you use the metric system as well.
(Oh! if you are going to burn me. Can I pick the faggots and smoking material,
myself? Please)

> John (aka The Chief Inquisitor)

Note, the Chief not 2ic or anything lower.
Know what you mean. A nod's as god as a wink to a blind watchmaker. ;-)

Me