POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : a lathe with quadratic spline shows horizontal bar(s) of noise... Server Time
22 Jun 2024 06:49:33 EDT (-0400)
  a lathe with quadratic spline shows horizontal bar(s) of noise... (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: peter puzzelaar
Subject: a lathe with quadratic spline shows horizontal bar(s) of noise...
Date: 1 May 2012 09:10:01
Message: <web.4f9fded28cc7219747437ba70@news.povray.org>
When following the manual and doing the few examples with a lathe (with the 5
coloured discs), at some point the linear_spline is replaced with the
quadratic_spline. When rendering this with the orthographic camera, a lot of
noise pixels are showing up (that is some of the curves are not curved smoothly,
but smeared out to left and right with noise streaks...).

When rendering the model, but then with standard camera (adding approprate
ligth-sources) this also gives a small strip with noise pixels over the lathe.
The
height of this strip seems to be dependend on the y-position of the camera.

Did this with version Pov 3.7RC5 and with version Pov 3.5. Same problem.

When using cubic_spline, no noise band appears.

Anyone to explain?

Peter Puzzelaar

Post a reply to this message

On 01/05/2012 2:06 PM, peter puzzelaar wrote:
> Anyone to explain?

An image would help Peter.
Did you use the strum keyword?

--