POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : realistic sky not work Server Time
2 Jun 2024 11:33:41 EDT (-0400)
  realistic sky not work (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: eticre
Subject: realistic sky not work
Date: 26 Mar 2012 17:25:00
Message: <web.4f70de01252713351fcdc02e0@news.povray.org>
I found this very nice example of sky

http://www.f-lohmueller.de/pov_tut/backgrnd/pov/p_sky06.txt

but with 3.7 version and radiosity they not work, sky is gray and clouds are
black.

ambient_light is set to 0 in 3.7 version?

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Subject: Re: realistic sky not work
Date: 26 Mar 2012 20:06:33
Message: <4f710489$1@news.povray.org>
Am 26.03.2012 23:22, schrieb eticre:
> I found this very nice example of sky
>
> http://www.f-lohmueller.de/pov_tut/backgrnd/pov/p_sky06.txt
>
> but with 3.7 version and radiosity they not work, sky is gray and clouds are
> black.
>
> ambient_light is set to 0 in 3.7 version?

Yes - if you're using radiosity and "#version 3.7".

To model materials that are supposed to emit light, a new "emission"
parameter has been added to the finish block, which works regardless of
whether the scene uses radiosity or not. The "ambient" parameter is now
supposed to be used only for brightening up shadows in non-radiosity scenes.

To make your scene work with "#version 3.7", simply replace all "ambient
1" with "emission 1" in the sky definition (but do keep the "ambient
0.1" in the ground material).

Post a reply to this message

> > but with 3.7 version and radiosity they not work, sky is gray and clouds are
> > black.
> >
> > ambient_light is set to 0 in 3.7 version?
>
> Yes - if you're using radiosity and "#version 3.7".
>
> To model materials that are supposed to emit light, a new "emission"
> parameter has been added to the finish block, which works regardless of
> whether the scene uses radiosity or not. The "ambient" parameter is now
> supposed to be used only for brightening up shadows in non-radiosity scenes.
>
> To make your scene work with "#version 3.7", simply replace all "ambient
> 1" with "emission 1" in the sky definition (but do keep the "ambient
> 0.1" in the ground material).

thank you very much

understood. I usede kpovmodeler, but does not have the emission parameter in the
group finish.
I need to change the source code to add new checkbox like ambient-light