POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Refraction of light source Server Time
2 Jun 2024 13:28:12 EDT (-0400)
  Refraction of light source (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: j-dowsett
Subject: Refraction of light source
Date: 2 Dec 2011 06:30:00
Message: <web.4ed8b64f45fa24a4c9af0c2a0@news.povray.org>
I'm shining a spotlight onto a plane at an angle (so getting an ellipse).  I'm
trying to place a lense between the light source and the plane, such that
refraction will modify the shape of my spotlight beam.  I'm am getting no
effects though.

If I move my lense such that it is between the plane and the camera then the
image of the ellipse is distorted - it seems the lense is correctly set up to
refract.

Is there a limit to how close to the spotlight I can place my lense?  My lense
is very small and thus placed very close to the spotlight, I have assumed that
the spotlight is a point source and that this wouldn't be a problem?

Why does it not cause refraction of the light that is emitted directly from the
spotlight?  Is there anything I can do to correct this?

Thanks for your help
Joe

Post a reply to this message