POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Refraction of light source : Re: Refraction of light source Server Time
1 Jul 2024 02:01:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Refraction of light source
From: clipka
Date: 2 Dec 2011 10:30:15
Message: <4ed8ef07$1@news.povray.org>
Am 02.12.2011 12:28, schrieb j-dowsett:

> Why does it not cause refraction of the light that is emitted directly from the
> spotlight?  Is there anything I can do to correct this?

Classic backward raytracing (which is what POV-Ray basically does) can't
do refraction between light and illuminated surfaces; POV-Ray does have
a forward raytracing extension to cope with such situations, but you
need to explicitly enable this feature; the buzzword to look for in the
docs is "photons".