POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Reflected light doesn't light surface Server Time
28 Jun 2024 06:37:57 EDT (-0400)
  Reflected light doesn't light surface (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: stevenvh
Subject: Reflected light doesn't light surface
Date: 21 Oct 2011 12:30:00
Message: <web.4ea19ce9929ace0fdf323a20@news.povray.org>
I have a light source in a hollow cylinder which throws a circle on a sheet
placed above it. The cylinder prevents light to fall directly on the Y plane.
The sheet is reflective, so I would expect reflected light on the plane around
the light source. But the plane remains dark. Any idea how to fix it? I'm trying
to emulate a white fabric with the sheet: partly reflective and partly
transparent.

..pov file and rendered image can be found on http://nenya1.net/temp/20111021/

TIA
Steven

Post a reply to this message

> I have a light source in a hollow cylinder which throws a circle on a sheet
> placed above it. The cylinder prevents light to fall directly on the Y plane.
> The sheet is reflective, so I would expect reflected light on the plane around
> the light source. But the plane remains dark. Any idea how to fix it?

  It depends on whether you want diffuse reflection or mirror reflection.
In the former case you need this:

http://wiki.povray.org/content/Documentation:Tutorial_Section_3.7#Radiosity

  In the latter case you need this:

http://wiki.povray.org/content/Documentation:Reference_Section_6.1#Photons

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

>   It depends on whether you want diffuse reflection or mirror reflection.
> In the former case you need this:
>
> http://wiki.povray.org/content/Documentation:Tutorial_Section_3.7#Radiosity
>
>   In the latter case you need this:
>
> http://wiki.povray.org/content/Documentation:Reference_Section_6.1#Photons