POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : White comes out grey Server Time
28 Jun 2024 23:06:03 EDT (-0400)
  White comes out grey (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Marco
Subject: White comes out grey
Date: 4 Jun 2011 06:55:01
Message: <web.4dea0ec46ddba0116731f09e0@news.povray.org>
I have found discovered that applying a color to an object renders it black,
while if I apply a texture, it gets rendered in that texture's basic color.

But I cannot get the object to render in white, it remains a dullish grey even
if I define my own White texture (called Wit, Dutch for White). Here's the
scene: http://home.ooijer.com/povray/color-test.zip (pov and jpg) The difference
can't be caused the lighting, not in this scene, can it?

BTW this is with povwin 3.6.

Please help?

Post a reply to this message

> I have found discovered that applying a color to an object renders it black,
> while if I apply a texture, it gets rendered in that texture's basic color.
>
> But I cannot get the object to render in white, it remains a dullish grey even
> if I define my own White texture (called Wit, Dutch for White). Here's the
> scene: http://home.ooijer.com/povray/color-test.zip (pov and jpg) The difference
> can't be caused the lighting, not in this scene, can it?
>
> BTW this is with povwin 3.6.

The first thing I notice is you have #version 3.5;
I would change that to #version 3.6; for a start.

Then your Finish is
		finish {
			ambient 0.0
			specular 0.0
			roughness 0.2
		}

Which means that the colour of your sphere is only that of the light
reflected off it.

Read the help 3.5.3 Finish
And maybe add some ambient and diffuse.

Sorry I can't actually render your scene but I'm running a long
animation just now.

--
Regards
     Stephen